If you’re working from a condo with another person, chances are that quarters can feel a bit cramped. When your shared working at-home office is limited, it’s important to make the most of your space.
Here are some home office ideas for two that can help create a workspace that’s conducive to staying focused and productive:
- Choose small office furniture– When working with a small space to design, less is always more. Try to avoid bulky or clunky furniture or decorative items.
- Designate working zones– If you have to share an office or workspace with another person, it’s helpful to distinguish specific work areas for you both. Your defined area can be yours to stash your stuff and stay organized as you prefer.
- Consider a dual desk– This two-person desk setup is an excellent way to maximize office space for multiple people. These types of desks come in all shapes and sizes but are intentionally designed to be shared.
- Use dividers to separate stations– If you don’t choose a dual desk, separating shared space can be a great way to help improve focus. Consider building a custom divider or using a bookshelf, or on-desk divider.
- Find smart storage solutions– Thoughtful and well-organized storage can make a huge difference, especially in a small shared working space. Try finding desks with built in drawers, file cabinets that can fit under desks, or overhead shelving that can hold storage containers.
- Plan calls accordingly– When you’re sharing an office with someone, it’s helpful and considerat to run each other’s schedules by one another to try and avoid overlapping calls.
- Invest in noise-canceling headphones– If you and the person you’re living with do have a call at the same time, you’ll find that noise-canceling headphones are extremely beneficial. They ensure that you can fully hear the other person on your call and that external noises around you aren’t bothering that person either.
If you’re looking for a condo that better suits your work from home lifestyle, LLCR can help. Check out a couple of our favorite Chicago condo buildings:
- Three Sixty West– 360 W Erie St- Model homes are now open at this stunning condo building. Situated in a peaceful residential enclave of River North, residents can get the best of city living. Three Sixty West is an exclusive collection of 38 three-bedroom homes featuring Italian kitchens with integrated appliances, 10’ ceilings, and large outdoor spaces. The exceptionally designed homes at Three Sixty West are accompanied by a fitness room, dog run, roof-top lounge, and sundeck.
- Renelle on the River– 403 N Wabash Ave- This building offers the premier location, right along the infamous Chicago River, also in River North. Prospective residents can choose from three and four-bedroom units, each complete with floor-to-ceiling windows and incredible city views. With its private rooftop lounge, indoor and outdoor kitchens, outdoor terrace with fireplace, and private screening and game rooms, Renelle is synonymous with gracious living.
Need a little extra space to accommodate your work-from-home needs? Get in touch with one of our experienced team members today to help you find the perfect home with additional home office space.
If you’re planning on staying inside more, check out our recent guide with tons of tips and tricks to make you love staying at home in your luxury Chicago condo!