The final walk-through is a pivotal step in the home-buying process, happening just before closing to ensure the property is in expected condition.
This blog will help equip any prospective buyer and answer the common question posed at this stage of the journey, “What can buyers demand at final walk-through?”
Understanding the Purpose of the Final Walk-Through
The final walk-through serves as a last-minute check to ensure the property is as it should be before ownership is officially transferred. Buyers should use this opportunity to verify that any negotiated repairs or improvements have been done satisfactorily. Additionally, it’s a chance to make sure that appliances are in working order and the overall cleanliness of the condo meets expectations for move-in.
Checklist for the Final Walk-Through
As you complete the last walk-through, also make sure to walk through this checklist
- Repairs Completed: Confirm that any repairs agreed upon during negotiations have been executed to your satisfaction.
- Cleanliness: Ensure that the condo is clean and ready for occupancy. Pay attention to details like floors, countertops, and overall tidiness.
- Appliance Functionality: Double-check that all appliances, such as the dishwasher, refrigerator, and stove, are in good working condition.
- Utilities: Test utilities, including lights, faucets, and heating/cooling systems to ensure they are functioning properly.
Addressing Outstanding Concerns
If, during the final walk-through, you discover any issues or areas of concern, it’s crucial to address them promptly. Buyers should request solutions for any unresolved issues, whether it be a commitment to further repairs or an adjustment to the closing agreement.
Helpful Tips and Reminders:
Along with keeping the checklist handy, consider these pointers during your final walk-through.
- Documentation: Keep records of any agreements, repair requests, or communications related to the final walk-through. This documentation can be valuable if issues arise later.
- Clear Communication: Maintain open communication with your real estate agent and the seller. If there are concerns, articulate them clearly and promptly to ensure they are addressed before closing.
- Reviewing Documents: While the final walk-through primarily focuses on the property’s physical condition, it’s also a good time to review any relevant documents. Ensure that you have all the necessary paperwork and that there are no surprises.
Knowing how to answer, “What can buyers demand at final walk-through?“ will help ensure your property is pristine before you close on it.
For any other questions or support during the home-buying journey, partner with our experienced and knowledgeable brokers!