If your condo bedroom isn’t working for you anymore, it may be time to start thinking about ways to renovate. An upgraded bedroom can not only breathe fresh life into the space, but it can also give you a great ROI of anywhere between 40-80%.
Before starting on any work, make sure you understand your condo’s renovation rules beforehand. There may be some rules and regulations in regards to what you can and can’t do within your space.
Renovation Ideas for Condo Bedrooms
The first step to remodeling your bedroom is gathering inspiration. Picking paint, flooring, window treatments, etc. is much easier when you have a vision for your space, so consider starting off by going through a few initial interior design processes before you start picking finishes.
Now, onto a few condo renovation ideas for your bedroom.
- One of the biggest upgrades you can add to your bedroom is by upgrading the closet space. Whether that be adding a completely new walk-in closet or just swapping out the wire shelves for some build-outs, improving your closet space is a great addition to your bedroom.
- Another great way to add value to your condo bedroom is by adding extra space wherever possible. If an extra linen closet or other area in your home is no longer serving you, consider knocking out some walls to create a larger bedroom.
- On the flip side, if you have too much space, consider converting one bedroom into two. This is one of the biggest value-adds when it comes to resale time, so if you can get away with creating an extra room, this is a great choice.
- One of the quickest and easiest ways to upgrade your bedroom is by painting or wallpapering your walls. Since your bedroom is where you get your rest and relaxation, your wall coloring should reflect just that. Think neutrals, greens, and blues, like Benjamin Moore’s Simply White, Wind Chime, or Constellation.
- If your bedroom is in need of some new flooring, consider going with carpeting or hardwood flooring. Carpeting is one of the best choices for a bedroom, as it’s a cozy choice for when you roll out of bed in the morning with your bare feet. If you opt for hardwood, you could also consider adding a shag rug for extra comfort.
- Lighting is everything when it comes to renovating a room. When you’re remodeling your bedroom, just make sure there are different levels of lighting, such as bedside lamps, floor lamps, and ceiling fixtures. Another great add to your ceiling fixtures is a dimmer switch; as this is perfect for when you’re looking to unwind with a good book before catching some zzz’s
- Speaking of lighting, it’s also important to have the correct window treatments installed in your bedroom to block out all of your natural light when you’re ready to hit the hay. Smart home technologies always get fantastic ROI, so consider adding motorized smart blinds to your windows.
If you’re ready to find a new condo to renovate or one that already has all the latest updates, LLCR can help. We have an experienced team of professionals to help you every step of the way when looking for your perfect home with the right number and size of bedrooms. Contact us today to start your search.
Looking to update other areas of your home? Check out our recent guide for condo renovation ideas for every room.