Staying at home means shifting your daily routines to ones you may not be too familiar with. From conjuring up fun activities for your kids and planning at-home date nights to building your new home office or creating an at-home gym, staying at home has caused us all to be creative in the way we go about our day-to-day lives.
While many condos offer gym amenities with strict cleaning regimens, you may still feel more comfortable working out at your home. Thankfully, there are plenty of ways to maximize a small space to make room for working out within your condo.
If you’re short on space but don’t want to leave your home to work out, consider these small home gym ideas:
- Only invest in the essentials: When every square inch matters, you want to be intentional about what workout gear you purchase. Consider finding the workout necessities that are most practical, such as a mat, a basic bench press, or exercise balls. This equipment is multi-functional and still allows you to achieve a great workout from the comfort of your home.
- Take advantage of storage: You don’t need a designated gym or workout room to work out from your condo. If you have extra closet space, or storage, consider stowing your workout essentials away whenever you aren’t exercising.
- Consider pegboards for a storage wall: While people tend to hangup pegboards in the garage, they can also be mounted within your condo to provide extra space to hold exercise equipment.
- Open things up with mirrors: Wall mirrors will not only make your tight at-home gym space feel larger, but they also allow you to ensure proper form while working out.
- Make the most of an extra room: If you have a spare guest bedroom or office, consider getting multiple uses out of this space. You can incorporate slim, top-notch exercise equipment in these rooms to make the most out of the room.
If you’re on the hunt for a condo with designated gym space, there are plenty of luxury Chicago residences that offer this amenity and prioritize keeping residents safe and healthy.
Three Sixty West sits in a peaceful residential enclave of River North. It boasts an exclusive collection of 38 three-bedroom homes featuring Italian kitchens with integrated appliances, 10’ ceilings, and large outdoor spaces. The exceptionally designed homes at Three Sixty West are accompanied by an impressive fitness room, dog run, roof-top lounge, and sundeck.
Consider taking advantage of everything St. Regis Chicago (formerly Vista Tower) condos offer within the Lakeshore East neighborhood. Along with a state-of-the-art fitness center, residents also have access to an outdoor pool deck, theatre, and wine tasting room. The building is situated right along the riverfront and within a mile radius of many of Chicago’s finest attractions.
Both of these condo buildings are committed to keeping their gyms and amenities safe and sanitized through various health and safety protocols. If you’re interested in touring a Chicago condo or finding one where you can implement these small home gym ideas, connect with one of our experienced brokers today.
For more condo tips to make you love staying in instead of going out, click the button below.