Condo living comes with its own unique set of perks.
Whether you’re considering buying a condo, or you’ve already begun the search process, discover some of the benefits of living in a condo:
- Maintenance– One of the most incentivizing aspects of condo living, is the low maintenance associated with this type of housing. As a condo owner, you don’t need to worry about major maintenance projects, including mowing the grass, shoveling the snow, or keeping up with the exterior. The condo association takes responsibility for these tasks, alleviating time and stress for condo owners. Additionally, the association takes care of major repair issues within the units.
- Convenience– Many condos offer a central location with proximity to city living. Condo residents find themselves within walking distance of parks, grocery stores, retail shops, and restaurants. While much of what condo residents may need can be accessed by foot, plenty of condo buildings also offer parking and nearby transit options.
- Affordability- Condos are generally priced lower than single-family homes, which means you can get more bang for your buck, or you can keep more in your pocket. It is often easier to qualify for a condo. Condo insurance also runs resident less than those who own a single-family house. This is because the condo association’s master policy usually covers games to the building itself, including outdoor and common areas.
- Amenities– Shared amenities attract many potential condo buyers. Why wouldn’t you want a pool, gym, and community clubhouse all just a few steps away from your home? Through association fees, condos are able to fund an assortment of these shared amenities. While amenities vary depending on the condo, you can choose which amenities are non-negotiable during the browsing process.
- Community- Condo living helps create a tight-knit community. With residents living close to one another, tt’s easy for neighbors to connect simply by crossing paths or when using shared amenities. Many families especially appreciate this sense of community that condos offer.
- Security– It’s not uncommon for a condo building to provide impressive security measures. While surveillance cameras are often a basic safety measure, many condos staff 24/7 security guards or doormen to keep an eye on the people coming and going. Living in close proximity to others also means that if there were an emergency, you’d have plenty of people to turn to.
There are clearly plenty of benefits of living in a condo. If you’re ready to find your dream condo, connect with one of our experienced brokers today!